Still alive?

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Are you still planning on working on this? If so, I'd love to help. Let me know and I'll start building out some of these classes.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:45 PM

I pretty much gave up on the project but a lot of people have been asking about it so this is back in business.

Due to lack of managed DirectDraw or XNA support from Microsoft (really disappointed on those two subjects), this will be implemented via Direct3D. I will start work on the application object. My idea is that each DirectMobile Application will have one window where it will switch between "Frames". Frames will be containers for controls. A device context (GPU) will be created by the application. I have to admit that this worked on a WM 6.5 emulator which was quite surprising. If you are still interested in the project reply here and I will grant you rights.

Nov 7, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Hmm, but Direct3D is quite slow on devices without hardware support.

I found this article, maybe it will help:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/mobile/WindowsMoibleManagedDDraw.aspx

Nov 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM
Yeah I'm definitely still interested in helping. I can try to offer a few hours of spare time every week to this to help get things moving. I think it would be a great help to the MS Mobile community as we really need a nice UI framework.